Tip - Do not swallow the below liquids or medicines. wash your mouth thoroughly and spit these liquids out when done.
Cloves has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anesthetic & antioxidant properties which help lessen infection and toothache.
1. Apply some clove oil directly on your affected tooth. Clove oil has outstanding bacteria killing properties and it also gives freezing effect to your tooth, that is why it’s a well known & tested traditional home remedy for toothache. The extract called eugenol in the clove bud is act as painkiller. The clove oil may sting at first, but then peaceful relief sets in.
2. You can have the same freezing effect from whole cloves. Put 1-2 cloves in your mouth, let them wet until they soften, then hold these softened cloves on the painful tooth to release their oil for up to half an hour.
3. Make a smooth and thick paste of 2 ground Cloves and add half teaspoon of olive oil in it. Roll a clean small ball of cotton into adequate paste to soak it and keep on the affected tooth.
Take 1-2 teaspoon of powder ginger or fresh ginger paste, add 1 teaspoon of red (cayenne) pepper in it. Add both of them in some water to make thicker paste. You can add Eucalyptus oil or honey instead of water. Roll a clean small ball of cotton into adequate paste to soak it, and place this cotton ball on the painful tooth. This mixture can irritate the gums, so keep this cotton ball on the tooth or between the tooth. Moreover, using these kitchen spices together, you can apply them separately. Either one can help to reduce tooth pain.
Garlic has antibiotic and many medicinal properties which are very helpful in slowing down bacterial effects and tooth pain.
Crush 2-3 garlic cloves and make smooth paste of it, add 2 pinches of table salt or black salt and make thick paste of it. Apply this paste directly on the affected tooth to lessen the tooth pain or roll over cotton ball in this paste and put on the tooth. you can also chew 1-2 cloves of garlic to get quick relief.
Onions contains antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that can control the swelling and toothache. Onion provides relief from pain by killing the germs which cause an infection.
1. Chew small piece of raw onion for a few minutes to reduce the tooth pain.
2. Or put small piece of raw onion directly on the affected tooth or gum.
5. Tincture of myrrh
Wash your mouth with a ‘tincture of myrrh’. The astringent effects help with swelling & inflammation, and myrrh also gives the benefit of bacteria killing.
1. Boil 1 teaspoon of myrrh powdere in 2 cups water for 30 minutes on slow flame. Strain the water and let it cool. wash your mouth with this water 5-6 times a day to get relief from toothache. Myrrh is a traditional medicine related to the mouth issues such as gum problems, toothache, sore throat etc
2. Tincture of myrrh may be applied directly to affected toothand gums. For sore throat dilute 1 teaspoon of myrrh powdere in the water and used as a gargle.
6. Guava LeavesFresh guava leaves are also very effective in alleviation of toothache.
1. Simply chew 1-2 fresh guava leaves for few minutes let the juice from leaves start functioning on your affected tooth. Do this for 15 minutes and then spit off, don’t swallow.
2. Boil 6-7 guava leaves in 4 cups of water on slow flame for 15 minutes. Let the water to cool to a warm temperature, then add ½ teaspoon of salt or 1 tablespoon of honey in it. Use this mixture as a mouthwash for quick pain relief.
7. Peppermint tea
Peppermint tea has a pleasant flavour and some freezing power. Put 1-2 teaspoons of dried peppermint leaves in 2 cup of boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool, and then swish it around in your mouth for few minutes, then spit it out. Repeat this as often as required.