Squeeze a whole lemon or lime and have the juice with hot or cold water and honey to taste. Limes and lemons are natural disinfectants and will alkalize your gut. Add cuts of lemon to your water for one week after typhoid analysis.
6. Basil and black pepper
Basil/tulsi has anti-microbial and antibacterial properties that can help dispose of the bacteria that cause typhoid fever. Besides, it helps in bringing down fever, calm the stomach and boosting your immune system.
1. Grind 7 fresh basil leaves, half teaspoon black pepper powder and 5-6 strands of saffron together and add enough lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to prepare a fine paste of these ingredients. Prepare small tablets from this paste, and consume these tablets 2-3 times a day.
2. Alternatively, you can prepare 1 tablespoon fresh juice of basil/tulsi leaves. Add a pinch black pepper powder to the juice and consume this mixture. Follow this remedy 2-3 times a day to get rid of typhoid.
7. Basil with ginger
Include 20 basil leaves and 1 teaspoon of crushed ginger to 1 mug of water. Boil it until the solution comes to half the original amount. Include a bit honey and drink this tea 2 or 3 times each day for a couple of days.
8. Homemade ORS/Salt
Make homemade oral rehydration arrangement (ORS) or purchase WHO – ORS from chemist. ORS will lessen the intensity of typhoid side effects and helps in recovery.
Heat a tsp. of salt and blend it in a glass of water. Drink this one time a day for three days. In case that you feel thirsty, don't take water for 60 minutes. After that, take water just in little sips. Don't take an excess of water. It will cure the fever.
Bananas can cut down the fever and treat diarrhea in individuals enduring typhoid. The pectin present in bananas is a dissolvable fiber that aides retain fluid in the digestion tracts, thus reducing diarrhea. Additionally, the potassium in bananas helps replace electrolytes lost during fever and diarrhea.
1. Eat 2-3 ripe bananas every day until typhoid symptoms fall down.
2. Mash 2 ripe bananas to a glass of butter milk and drink this 2-3 times a day.
3. Or mix 2 mashed bananas in cup of yogurt and also add 1 tablespoon of honey in it. Consume this mixture 2-3 times a day for 15 days.