6. Aloe Vera
The anti-inflammatory and healing property of aloe vera reduces pain, swelling and stimulates healing of ganglion cyst.
Apply some fresh/homemade aloe vera gel on the affected area for 40-60 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy on regular basis 2-3 times a day.
7. Epsom salt
Epsom salt has healing and anti-inflammatory property that relieves pain, inflammation and helps reduce and heal the ganglion cyst within a few weeks.
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of Epsom salt, 1 teaspoon of glycerin and 2 pinches of borax powder in 4-5 tablespoon of water. Mix the ingredients completely and apply it on cyst using cotton swab and cover it with bandage. Follow this remedy twice a day for several days.
2. Alternatively, add 1-2 tablespoon of Epsom salt to 1-2 cups of warm water. Soak the affected area in it for 15-20 minutes. Repeat once or twice a day for several days.
Echinacea helps shrink the ganglion cyst as it enhances the level of the chemical called ‘Properdine’ in the body, which stimulates our immune system and minimizes the ganglion cyst.
1. You can get readymade echinacea ointment and directly apply it over the cyst. Do this 3-4 times a day until you get result.
2. You can also drink a warm cup of echinacea herbal tea twice daily, but only for 7 days, do not have it on regular basis.
Note: People suffering from autoimmune disorder must not take echinacea internally.
9. Frankincense oil
Frankincense oil not only reduces the pain but also reduces the size of ganglion cyst. Additionally, it prevents cyst from recurring.
1. Apply 2-3 warm drops of frankincense oil on the cyst and cover it with betel leaf or soft bandage.
2. Repeat this once or twice daily, using a new betel leaf or clean bandage, until the size of cyst has reduced. After that you can continue applying it for 12-15 days to reduce recurring.